Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Community sewing (and a link party)

Sewing along and events that people join as a group are so fun and inspiring!  


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Growing Up QAL - Working on future blocks (cannot share)
  2. Splendid Sampler - few rows
  3. Charity quilts - no progress
  4. SK project - one block completed (see below)
  5. Molli Sparkle's "The Honey Pot Bee" - completed (wrong but ok, see below)
  6. En Provence QAL - no progress
  7. Journaling into my new Jounral/Planner - loving the new format (more at the end of the month)!
  8. 70273 Project - 4 blocks done (see below)
  9. Book binding - no progress
  10. Twilters! Bee - waiting for June
  11. 2017 Pantone Quilt Challenge: entries will be open from May 19 to May 29. My piece is ready since January :)
--
More blocks for the 70273 Project. If you are curious to see some of the beautiful quilts made with all these blocks check out this Pinterest board!
--
More progress on my Stephen King project... I will run an event on Fandom In Stitches this summer with many of these blocks! I hope people will enjoy making them too!!

Black House - Opening line

--
I completed my second piece for the Art with Fabric Blog Hop that will start ON MAY 15TH!!!
The block involved piecing, applique, quilting, embroidery and crochet!!  
Curious? Come back THIS COMING MONDAY!!!!

--
I made three bags for the #BusyBagSewAlong. I saw this sewalong on Yvonne's blog and it is run as a collaboration with The Quilter’s Planner to benefit Sadie’s Dream For a Cure



The first bag was made with a kit that I ask them to send me. They sent me the kit (all cut and ready to sew) and an extra label that I attached on a second bag... and then I decided to make a third bag, because, why not! The pattern is very easy to follow and the bag doesn't take much fabric.
I used fabric that was donated to me a while ago for charity quilts. Unfortunately I am stuck with those projects because putting together a quilt seems to be a "big project" so I always postpone it... but these bags are easy and fast, so I am happy to be able to help children in need with these practical objects!

--
And last, but not least... two (wrong) blocks for the The Honey Pot Bee sew along: they were supposed to be leaves... I cut them wrong, so I turned them into modern striped block and moved on! I loved the fabric I used and I didn't have enough to make more blocks so these are the blocks that I will use in my quilt! :)



--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1